Thursday, December 17, 2009

• To the extent that you achieved the outcomes, are they still relevant to the work that you do in your school? Why or why not?

I did achieve the outcomes I envisioned for this course, which were to learn more about technology, make it more accessible to students, incorporate it into our (current) curriculum, and use it more in the classrooms. However, I am still learning about technology. I have currently implemented lesson plans for my team that does include techniques and advice that I have learned by taking this course. Taking this course has opened my mind to various ways of incorporating technology into our grade level curriculum. I would like to move beyond Smart Boards, projectors, and videos into the world of blogs and wiki. Those outcomes are extremely relevant and critical in the work that I do at my school. As an educator, I must strive to create lessons that not only inform and educate my students, but also engage and motivate them to learn. As a school leader, I must work diligently to ensure that my campus is responding to the needs and expectations of the 21st century learner. This includes providing adequate and consistent accessibility to the internet and other modes of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment