Thursday, December 17, 2009

Outcomes

What outcomes had you envisioned for this course? Did you achieve those outcomes? Did the actual course outcomes align with those that you envisioned?

My expectations of this course were simple, to learn more about technology from a leadership standpoint, how to make it more accessible to students, how to incorporate it into the curriculum, and lastly, how to utilize it more in the classrooms. This course pushed me to the limit; therefore, I learned a great deal and achieved those outcomes. I am far from an expert, but I definitely have ideas on ways to improve technology on my campus and in my district. I know understand the requirements that must be met in order for us to produce students that are well equipped to compete in the 21st century. Some schools consider themselves technologically savvy because they have a computer in every classroom. However, this is simply the tip of the ice burg. There is an abundance of technology resources that many districts are not using and/or simply are not aware of. As a campus, we must seek out those resources and bring them into our classrooms and to our students. This must be done in every District on every campus. This is one of many the many things that will lessen the educational divide.

No comments:

Post a Comment